Apsara Bian Xi Shi Jianshui Zitao Purple Clay Teapot
- Recommended Care
- Additional information
This Bian (flattened) Xi Shi teapot features some of the finest engravings we’ve come across. The handle, short spout and lid handle all have exceptionally detailed and tasteful engravings on them. Additionally, the shape and balance of this pot make for a great pour.
This pot is entirely handmade from 100% Zitao Purple Clay from Jianshui, and holds approximately 155-165ml of liquid
Due to differences in results due to kiln placement, there are 2 colour variations available: Dark and Mixed. Please refer to the pictures to note the differences.
As this is made from unglazed, porous clay, we recommend designating it for a specific type of tea.
- Check for clay deposits and scrape gently with a wooden or bamboo stick.
- Place the pot in boiled water and allow to sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the pot and allow it to dry
- Using your previously boiled water, add some new or used tea leaves that you plan to use this pot for, boil, add the pot then allow it to sit for another 30-60 mins.
- Rinse with regular water and allow to dry
- Your gaiwan is ready to be used!
|Dimensions||12 × 9 × 6.5 cm|