Engraved Fish Jianshui Zitao Purple Clay Teapot
- Recommended Care
- Additional information
This shuiping shaped teapot features a fish engraving and smooth, dark surface.
This pot is entirely handmade from 100% Zitao Purple Clay from Jianshui, and holds approximately 130-140ml of liquid with an approximately 10 second pour.
As this is made from unglazed, porous clay, we recommend designating it for a specific type of tea.
- Check for clay deposits and scrape gently with a wooden or bamboo stick.
- Place the pot in boiled water and allow to sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the pot and allow it to dry
- Using your previously boiled water, add some new or used tea leaves that you plan to use this pot for, boil, add the pot then allow it to sit for another 30-60 mins.
- Rinse with regular water and allow to dry
- Your gaiwan is ready to be used!
|Dimensions||12.5 × 8 × 7 cm|