Felis Jianshui Zitao Purple Clay Teapot
- Recommended Care
- Additional information
These xishi and longdan teapots feature an inlaid engraving what we can only imagine is a soft, cuddly cat over white Jianshui zitao. There is no glaze or paint used in achieving this glass-like glossy finish. Jianshui zitao is able to naturally produce this effect with fine polishing.
These pots are entirely handmade from 100% Zitao Purple Clay from Jianshui and hold approximately 155-165ml (xishi) and 150-160ml (longdan) of liquid with a 12 second pour.
Each pot features a slightly different design, so please make a selection below to confirm your exact teapot.
As this is made from unglazed, porous clay, we recommend designating it for a specific type of tea.
- Check for clay deposits and scrape gently with a wooden or bamboo stick.
- Place the pot in boiled water and allow to sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the pot and allow it to dry
- Using your previously boiled water, add some new or used tea leaves that you plan to use this pot for, boil, add the pot then allow it to sit for another 30-60 mins.
- Rinse with regular water and allow to dry
- Your gaiwan is ready to be used!
|Dimensions||11.5 × 8 × 7 cm|