White Jianshui Zitao Purple Clay Mini Teapot – Dragon Egg
- Recommended Care
- Additional information
Each of these teapots are made from 100% Jianshui zitao purple clay. Although its called purple clay, zitao is actually considered a 5 colour clay, consisting of purple, red, white, yellow and green/cyan. These pots are made from naturally occurring white clay.
These teapots are more of a modified long dan/dragon egg shape. They’re ideal for solo brewing sessions, holding approximately 95-100ml of liquid and pours perfectly and quickly, emptying in 6-7 seconds.
As these teapots are made of unglazed, porous clay, we recommend designating them for one type of tea. Please see the “recommended care” tab.
Each teapot is shipped in an included hardshell box.
- Check for clay deposits and scrape gently with a wooden or bamboo stick.
- Place the pot in boiled water and allow to sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the pot and allow it to dry
- Using new water, add some new or used tea leaves of the type that you plan to use this pot for, boil, add the teapot and allow it to sit for another 30-60 mins.
- Rinse with regular water and allow to dry
- Repeat as desired
- Your teapot is ready to be used!
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 7 cm|