National Treasure Jianshui Zitao Purple Clay Teapots
- Recommended Care
- Additional information
Our “National Treasure” Jianshui zitao teapots are a fusion of 2 things that are quintessentially Chinese – tea and pandas. Having noticed a serious lack of pandas on teapots in the teaware scene, we designed these and had them custom made exclusively for Bitterleaf.
These white zitao clay teapots are available in 2 shapes/sizes: 105-115ml bian xishi (12 second pour) and 130-140ml bell (10 second pour).
These teapots are entirely handmade from 100% Zitao Purple Clay from Jianshui.
As these are made from unglazed, porous clay, we recommend designating your teapot for a specific type of tea.
- Check for clay deposits and scrape gently with a wooden or bamboo stick.
- Place the pot in boiled water and allow to sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the pot and allow it to dry
- Using new water, add some new or used tea leaves of the type that you plan to use this pot for, boil, add the teapot and allow it to sit for another 30-60 mins.
- Rinse with regular water and allow to dry
- Repeat as desired
- Your teapot is ready to be used!
|Dimensions||12.5 × 7.5 × 7.5 cm|