Plum Beauty Xishi Jianshui Zitao Purple Clay Tea Pot
- Recommended Care
- See How It Pours
- Additional information
This pot is in the classic xi shi shape and features a beautifully subtle plum blossom design on one side. With a capacity of 110ml (+/- 5ml), this pot is well-suited to solo tea sessions.
As a “xishi” shaped pot, it’s named after one of the 4 beauties in China. The story goes that Xi Shi was so beautiful, fish would be stunned when they saw her reflection and forget how to swim, sinking down into the water. If you have any fish at home, we strongly recommend keeping this pot away from the tank.
This one of a kind pot is entirely handmade from 100% Zitao Purple Clay from Jian Shui, and holds approximately 110ml of liquid.
As this is made from unglazed, porous clay, we recommend designating it for a specific type of tea.
- Check for clay deposits and scrape gently with a wooden or bamboo stick.
- Place the pot in boiled water and allow to sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the pot and allow it to dry
- Using your previously boiled water, add some new or used tea leaves that you plan to use this pot for, boil, add the cup then allow it to sit for another 30-60 mins.
- Rinse with regular water and allow to dry
- Your gaiwan is ready to be used!
|Dimensions||7.5 × 9 × 6.5 cm|