Silver Lining Jianshui Zitao Purple Clay Gaiwan
- Recommended Care
- Additional information
These gaiwans are made from 100% Zitao Purple Clay from Jianshui and feature a light coloured swirl mixed into the clay.
Each gaiwans holds approximately 145ml (+/- 5ml) of liquid, with the exception of #3, which holds ~165ml. As this is made from unglazed clay, we recommend treating this similar to an unglazed teapot and designating it for a specific type of tea.
- Check for clay deposits and scrape gently with a wooden or bamboo stick.
- Place the pot in boiled water and allow to sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the gaiwan and allow it to dry
- Using your previously boiled water, add some new or used tea leaves that you plan to use this gaiwan for, boil, add the gaiwan, then allow it to sit for another 30-60 mins.
- Rinse with regular water and allow to dry
- Your gaiwan is ready to be used!
|Dimensions||8 × 8 × 9.5 cm|