Warrior Jianshui Zitao Purple Clay Gaiwan
- See How It Pours
- Recommended Care
- Additional information
This unconventionally shaped gaiwan features a wide top that tapers down to a narrow base and is surprisingly easy to use with both small and large hands. It pours fast and smooth, with great control.
Each of these elegant gaiwans are handmade and one of a kind. There may be slight variations in the amount of reddish-brown showing through the rustic, charcoal finish. One style includes a small lotus seed engraving featured on the lid and coaster plate.
Another is hashmarks going around the circumference of the gaiwan, lid and coaster. Alternatively, the coaster plate can double up as a perfect small dish for tea snacks. Please note that our current batch is all dark in colour.
These gaiwans are made from 100% Zitao Purple Clay from Jianshui and hold approximately 125ml (+/- 5ml) of liquid. As this is made from unglazed clay, we recommend treating this similar to an unglazed teapot and designating it for a specific type of tea.
Please see the “recommended care” tab above for more information regarding our standards for selection and quality.
- Check for clay deposits and scrape gently with a wooden or bamboo stick.
- Place the pot in boiled water and allow to sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the gaiwan and allow it to dry
- Using your previously boiled water, add some new or used tea leaves that you plan to use this gaiwan for, boil, add the gaiwan, then allow it to sit for another 30-60 mins.
- Rinse with regular water and allow to dry
- Your gaiwan is ready to be used!
|Dimensions||11.5 × 11.5 × 8 cm|