UFO Jianshui Zitao Gaiwan
- Recommended Care
- Additional information
The official successor to our classic Warrior gaiwans, these handmade pieces retain the same unique, reverse-tapered shape as the original. The differences between this gaiwan and the original lie in wall thickness and size. These gaiwans have a slightly thicker construction compared to their predecessor, however, still relatively thin overall. This has resulted in much better stability when firing, reducing both breakage and their price.
Size-wise, these gaiwans range from 80-105ml, making them great for solo or duo brewing. The size/shape is quite consistent, however, due to the width at the top, even slight differences in how low the lid sits will make a difference in volume, so we went ahead and separated them for you.
We recommend trying various pouring methods to see what works best for you. Our favourite is to hold it clam-shell style, pictured, with the thumb on the top of the lid and fingers on the bottom of the body.
As there are made from unglazed clay, we recommend treating this gaiwan similar to an unglazed teapot and designating it for a specific type of tea. Each gaiwan comes with a hard case box.
- Check for clay deposits and scrape gently with a wooden or bamboo stick.
- Place the pot in boiled water and allow to sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the pot and allow it to dry
- Boil some new or used tea leaves of the type that you plan to use this pot for, add the pot then allow it to sit for another 30-60 mins.
- Rinse with regular water and allow to dry
- Your new teapot or gaiwan is ready to be used!
|Dimensions||11 × 11 × 7 cm|